[Tried & Tested] Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Dry Shampoo

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Hi Huneybees,


Ever since I started dying my hair in multi colours, I've been looking to Dry Shampoo to refrain from shampoo-ing and washing off the colours excessively. It's been the aerosol bottle spray type that I've been using, so here I am trying the powder version for the first time.



This lovely purple bottle is the Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Dry Shampoo. It was part of the Sephora Christmas goodie bag and I brought it along with me on my trip to New Zealand. The flight was an excruciating 13 hours, so I definitely had to bring my "shampoo" along to refresh my scalp. *Yes, I had a mini photoshoot in the airplane's toilet whilst everyone's dozing off in dreamland*

This talc-free dry shampoo helps absorb the excess oil/sweat, product build-up and other impurities your hair. It also makes hair smell amazing, containing:

  • Age-Control Complex®Combats chronological, chemical, and environmental aging.
  • Enzymetherapy® - A core Alterna technology found in each of the brand’s products helps transform ingredients into a micro-structure that the hair can more easily absorb, allowing for deeper more targeted penetration of active ingredients.
  • Color Hold® - Infuses hair with plant-derived melanin for extreme color protection and the prevention of color washout. Protects hair from UVA UVB and visible light including artificial light sources.

It’s also formulated without:

  • Parabens
  • Sulfates
  • Synthetic Dyes
  • Phthalates
  • GMOs
  • Triclosan


Well, it might be a little too much science there for you, so here's my review on using the Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Dry Shampoo. 

Firstly, I'm in love with the applicator nozzle. It allows for precise application of the dry shampoo, but I have to warn you to pour slowly otherwise, you will be having white roots. There is a slight cooling effect when shampoo is applied, thus relieving any scalp itchiness too!

It did make my hair less oily but in terms of voluminizing, it doesn't seem to do much. It does leave a little waxy kinda feel, which creates a hold for any hairstyling. I would say this is a great item to have if you wana make your colour last longer with lesser hair wash, flying long hauls or even during confinement, you can feel fresh while smelling good too. :)


You can find Alterna's hair products in Sephora.
Stay fresh like Katie Holmes! :P

CC Cream for hair?! I wana try it next!



Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to give me your comments/pointers. I'll get back to you shortly. Thank you! :p