[Updated] Huney Goes Pink

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,



As some of you might have already seen from my Instagram pictures, I have pink hair (fringe) done for the upcoming Chinese New Year. 


I was super excited and I knew what I wanted to do to my hair when I was approached by Shunji MatsuoMy hairstylist was Fannie, the latest stylist at the salon (Ngee Ann City). She recently started working with Shunji Matsuo and she's great with cut and perming.


The shop was teeming  with people, I sat there for more than 5 hours and the customer flow was non-stop! It was very impressive! It is a 3,800 square foot salon, which can seat 50 customers at one time. The whole salon is modern and minimalist, enhanced by accents of wood, glass and steel with wall finishes that have special anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties to enhance indoor air quality.


About Shunji Matsuo
Shunji Matsuo, celebrity hair stylist brings to Singapore over 40 years of international hair styling experience gained from working in the major fashion capitals of Japan, Europe and US. His creative hairstyles has been featured on fashion runways of Jean Paul Gaultier, Oscar de la Renta, Comme des Garcons, Yohji Yamamoto, Donna Karan and Calvin Klein.

Shunji's hair creations have also been featured on magazines like American Vogue, Harper's Bazaar, New York Magazine and The New York Times.


Wave good bye to my dull black hair. My hair was a little too short to play with that day, so I fulfilled my dream of pink fringe hair like my idol, Show Luo!



After showing Fannie some pictures of what I wanted to do with my hair, she began to section out my hair and bleached it. Actually the gold looks good too right?


Afterwhich it was time for the pink to go on. I was very nervous as I can't see what the end result will be like. Maybe it won't be a shocking pink?

The basins are adjustable for better head fit and customer comfort.
Then it was time for the big reveal. I had rinse off at these comfy seats and I kinda spent an hour there for rinse off, conditioned my hair, leave in and then rinse off again. Imagine my excitement when everyone walked past was telling me they love my hair. Woohoo!


TA DA! This is the finished look! Fannie even helped me straightened my hair with a straightener to show off those fringes even more! Same same as Show right???


The whole fun part of this hair is that I can flip it on side to blend in with the black or flip it the other way and I have full blown pink hair and then I can pin the hair down as though I have a undershave. Super fun and it is definitely the colourful me!


So, when I finally wash out the straightened hair and went back  to my own curls.I'm still looking like my idol! I've played with a few looks and one of my favourite was to braid my fringe, letting the pink fuse with the black hair.


***--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------***

It's been months since I dyed my hair pink and I'm super happy with it, coz the pink is still going strong! I used to dye my hair like crazy and if you remember, I had tie-dyed / ombre hair (Click here and you can see) like multi rainbow, but the colours do not last.

See this picture of me taken last week...


Going strong right? I only have some faded ends. The rest of the colours are still very vibrant!

If you are looking to revamp your hair, head on over the Shunji Matsuo Hair Studio on the 5th floor of Ngee Ann City and look for Fannie. *She's the one who looks a little like Kelly Chen*

Shunji Matsuo Hair Studio
Ngee Ann City, Podium B, 
391 Orchard Road, #05-23
Tel: +65 6238 1522

XOXO,
Christina aka Huney

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to give me your comments/pointers. I'll get back to you shortly. Thank you! :p